Wednesday, September 19, 2012

PUMPKIN TOPIARY

I've been avidly following all the autumn decorating posts on Pinterest and decided to make my own Pumpkin Topiary.  So off to Michaels I went today to get my "fake" pumpkins. 

For each topiary I purchased:  
  • Large Orange Pumpkin
  • Med White Pumpkin
  • Small green pumpkin
  • 7 ft Leaf garland with berries
  • Small pumpkin/leaf filler for the top
  • Bag of green Spanish moss  








I used tomato plant stakes and hot glue to put it all together.  To make the topiary:
  • I cut a hole in the bottom of the small green pumpkin and then hot glued the filler to the top.  
  • I cut a hole in the bottom of the med white pumpkin
  • I hot glued these 2 pumpkins together.
  • I cut a hole in the bottom and top of the large orange pumpkin.  
  • I then threaded the tomato stake through it and into the Med white pumpkin 
  • I hot glued the Large orange pumpkin to the White/Green pumpkins.  
  • I place the pumpkin topiary with stake into a large decorative urn.  
  • I hot glued the leaf garland around the topiary.
  • Finally I filled in the bottom with green Spanish moss.
I think they look great!  I am going to add orange mini lights to the garland for Halloween so that they will glow at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment